CSPA Supports: Climate Change Theatre Action 2021 Micro-Grants to Canadian Artists
Application deadline: July 2, 2021 @ 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Winners notified: July 23, 2021
Thanks to support from the Canada Council for the Arts and through the Centre for Sustainable Practice in the Arts’ CSPA Supports Program, we are pleased to offer 5-10 micro-grants of $500 to $1,000 to individuals or groups based in Canada interested in organizing an event for Climate Change Theatre Action 2021.
- Open to individuals or groups based in Canada only who are not associated with an institution. (Small theatres without operational funding and students who don’t have access to university funding are eligible.)
- Priority will be given to BIPOC applicants and applicants from provinces and territories that have not been represented in CCTA so far: New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Prince Edward Island, Yukon.
- You must follow the CCTA guidelines and present an event in your community, using at least one of the plays from the CCTA 2021 collection, between September 19 – December 18, 2021.
- You will need to document your event through photos and/or videos and share the documentation with us afterwards.
- Only one submission per person. If you are part of a group (i.e., small theatre or student group), only one member in your group should apply.
How to Apply:
- Familiarize yourself with Climate Change Theatre Action and what is expected of a producing collaborator.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to the plays.
- Once you have read the plays and the detailed guidelines, and have a clear idea of what kind of event you would like to organize, fill out the application form.
- You need to submit a budget as part of your application. You can download a budget template below.
Artistic Merit: Do you have a clear vision for your event? Well-defined goals? Are you creating something that is unique to you and your community?
Experience/Capacity: Do you have the resources, knowledge, and/or prior experience to organize and present this event? Do you have access to colleagues and partners who can help you realize your vision?
Community Engagement/Impact: Is your community well defined? Are you engaging people in a meaningful way? Is there a potential for impact that goes beyond the theatrical presentation?
Need: Do you make a case for funding, and can you articulate the impact that this award will have on your plans?
If you have any questions or issues, please email email@example.com and a member of the team will get back to you.